Cooper Carriers started as a small garage run by T Cooper in 1921 In Bastion Road, Prestatyn.
Some years later the name was changed to Wm Cooper and Sons, and at that time the business, among other things, made a number of furniture removals. They were even the first to run an articulated vehicle in North Wales.
The business gradually changed and became a general haulage and parcel delivery company over ensuing years.
By the 1970's the company was running Bedford T K vans, and there were six that went to Manchester and three to Liverpool every day, to collect goods for delivery into N Wales.
In the middle of the 1970's the company was sold to National Freight. In 1983 when the government at the time decided to sell National Freight, Cooper's of Prestatyn was to have closed,
but six of the workforce kept the company going and the name was changed to Cooper Carriers.
In 1995 the company was acquired by Countrywide Freight Group Ltd, and further investment was made. Part of that investment was a new depot at Kinmel Bay near Rhyl, which opened on the 13th July 1998.
The operation in Llandrindod Wells was started in 1998 and that moved to a purpose built depot in 2003.