We are now seeking for a Traffic Office Clerk - Nights - North Wales (Kinmel Bay)
21:00 to 06:00 Monday to Friday - Full Time
Reporting to the Night Operations Manager the job holder will be responsible for the daily planning of the bulk and parcel delivery fleet ensuring routes meet customer expectations and are cost efficient whilst meeting all necessary legal and health and safety requirements.
Key Roles / Responsibilities
- Ensuring the effective planning of daily workload in terms of head count, vehicles and routes.
- Ensuring transport team are briefed and aware of current plan and proposed changes on a daily basis.
- Ensuring the fleet operates within legal requirements and that defects on vehicles are actioned in a timely manner.
- Ensuring Cooper Carriers site policies and procedures are adhered to by the transport team.
- Ensuring resource utilisation is maximised.
- Proactively seeking and maximising cost savings and recommending to operations manager alternative strategies in response to operational/ planning changes.
- Review and improve vehicle and personal accidents and complete the relevant forms and take the appropriate action in a timely manner in accordance with Countrywide Freight Group procedures.
Qualifications / education required:
Good level of education ideally to G.C.S.E level.
Understanding of Health and Safety legislation and Transport directives.
Particular aptitude / skills required:
Able to work on own initiative.
Be a team player and excellent communicator with excellent IT skills.
Be flexible and have ability to analyse, understand and manipulate data.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details of the role will be provided upon application.