We are now seeking for a Traffic Office Supervisor - North Wales (Kinmel Bay)
6.00am to 3.00pm Monday to Friday Week 1 and 1.00pm to 9.00pm Monday to Friday Week 2 plus 2 Saturdays per month 7.00am to 3.00pm
Reporting to the Operations Manager the job holder will be responsible for the smooth and efficient day to day running of the transport operation ensuring full compliance with all legal requirements and Countrywide Freight Group policies and procedures. In addition will be responsible for ensuring the transport operation is cost efficient and that expenditure is justified and within budget guidelines. Will be responsible for the supervision of bulk drivers, collection and delivery drivers, agency drivers, owner operators and administration staff.
Key Roles / Responsibilities
- Ensuring the effective planning of daily workload in terms of head count, vehicles and routes.
- Ensuring transport team are briefed and aware of current plan and proposed changes on a daily basis.
- Ensuring the fleet operates within legal requirements and that defects on vehicles are actioned in a timely manner.
- Ensuring Cooper Carriers site policies and procedures are adhered to by the transport team.
- Ensuring resource utilisation is maximised.
- Proactively seeking and maximising cost savings and recommending to operations manager alternative strategies in response to operational/ planning changes.
- Ensuring attendance is managed effectively and return to work interviews are carried out and appropriate action is taken.
- Performance management of staff ensuring appropriate action is taken in a timely manner e.g. investigatory and disciplinary action, regular performance reviews, informal counselling etc. as per Countrywide Freight Group Policies and Procedures in conjunction with Depot Management at all times.
- Customer liaison implementing requests for collections and improving service level.
- Ensuring relevant training and development of key transport staff / operatives to improve experience and understanding.
- Review and improve vehicle and personal accidents and complete the relevant forms and take the appropriate action in a timely manner in accordance with Countrywide Freight Group procedures.
- Responsible for suggesting and implementing health and safety improvements within the transport operation.
Qualifications / education required:
Good level of education ideally to G.C.S.E level.
Understanding of Health and Safety legislation and Employment legislation is highly desirable.
Particular aptitude / skills required:
Able to work on own initiative.
Be a team player and excellent communicator with excellent IT skills.
Be flexible and have ability to analyse, understand and manipulate data.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Further details of the role will be provided upon application.